What is the best way to distribute large files.

You can post your questions about the club here

What is the best way to distribute large files.

Postby CamHiggins » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:44 am

I am now completing a historical document in PDF format, which will be about 11 MB. I intend to distribute this document to 10 or 12 people. It seems to me that to attach it to a regular e-mail might cause all sorts of problems with transmission delays. If I had a site from which others could download, that might be better. I have and AOL and g-mail account that may have options that I don't know about. Any suggestions you may have will be welcome.

Cam

PS It doesn't seem that this BB is as heavily used (exceptr by me) as it has been in the past.
CamHiggins
Member Has Posted > 10 Times

Re: What is the best way to distribute large files.

Postby rrathke » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:30 am

I would sign up for a Dropbox account at http://www.dropbox.com. Upload the file there and share it with specific people or make it public as appropriate.
rrathke
Board Member - Technical Director

Postby CamHiggins » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:03 am

Thasnk you. I'm appreciative that this BB works so well
CamHiggins
Member Has Posted > 10 Times

Postby Jolyn » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:51 am

I agree with Bob on Dropbox. Use it not only for transferring files between my systems, but for storage "in the cloud as well". Our Jammers group also uses it to store our lyrics sheets and have a shared Dropbox folder set up so that about ten of us can upload as we digitize our lyrics sheets. This way we can ALL see our music when we Jam. Most of us are using tablets of somekind.

My photos taken from my Droid Bionic also automatically upload to Dropbox and I don't have to mess with trying to find the cords to transfer these files manually. (i like this function alot)

Your other options are.. in no particular order nor is this all of them
. Google Drive
. Sky Drive (from Microsoft)
. Amazon Cloud
. iCloud (Apple)

and most computer manufacturers (both HP and Lenovo for me) have a cloud storage option for their customers

if you use Photoshop Elements, Adobe has storage in the cloud as well.

I know I'm missing a few. I truly depends on what the file size is and who you need to share it with. Yourself or others ... Hope this helps.
ps: most offer free limited storage space in the cloud, and you can pay for more if you need it.
;-} jolyn
Jolyn
Board Member - Product Review

Return to Member Questions