Internet Explorer 7 Workshop 9-26-08

Internet Explorer 7 Workshop 9-26-08

Postby jackw » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:41 pm

Pete Everett provided the following workshop on 9/26/08.

jackw
Board Member - Web Master

Re: Internet Explorer 7 Workshop 9-26-08

Postby Jolyn » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:41 pm

Thanx for posting Pete's workshop. I'd planned to go, but my Dad had clients in this weekend and I had band practice. Just couldn't fit it in. This terrific.

I do have one question regarding the Favorites slide. I know about abbreviating the favorites link, but how do you "attach" the User ID and Password?

Also, a third way to enlarge or diminish the text & web page is to use the button in the lower right-hand corner of the window. The Status Bar must be dislplayed. You can do this by clicking View in the Menu Bar (if displayed) and then clicking on Status Bar. Or if the Menu Bar is not displayed, click on Tools/Toolbars/Status Bar.

Once the Status Bar is displayed, you'll see a 100% next to a magnifying glass with a plus sign in it. Click the 100% once and the page will "zoom" to 125%. Click it again, the page will zoom to 150%. Click it one more time and it will return to 100%. Click on the down arrow next to the 100% for more zoom in/out options. I find this extremely helpful. Not all web pages are designed equally. Some are designed on high resolution monitors which make the page too large to fit on some monitors of regular users. By zooming out to 75%, I can see the whole page at once and not have to scroll from right to left to see the whole page. Additionally, if a page is too small, it's great to be able to zoom to a larger view so that I can more easily read small text.

Hope this helps some. I look forward to Pete's answer regarding attaching an ID and Password to a Favorite. . . ;-} jolyn :ugeek:
Jolyn
Board Member - Product Review

Re: Internet Explorer 7 Workshop 9-26-08

Postby jackw » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:02 pm

What Pete & Harvey described is when you "save" a favorite, you can "rename it"

Instead of just using the given name, a different technique is to name it, and include a user ID and PW if that will be required. The caveats offered are not to use actual user ID and passowrds, but "tips" like dog's name or high school, etc.

Hope this helps.
jackw
Board Member - Web Master

Return to Internet