Low Cost Address Maintenance Software

You can post your questions about the club here

Low Cost Address Maintenance Software

Postby CamHiggins » Tue May 11, 2010 6:12 pm

I am trying to locate a software package that would develop and maintain a data base of address type information. It would be used to produce reports of groups of individules selected based on birthdays, mailing lists etc. I wouild be interested in learning of programs that might be capable in this area. It would be used on either Win 7 or XP. I found a similar system as a template in OpenOffice, but as I tried to use it it consistanbtly became hung up. I have had some prior experience with DBASE, so Open's DB might be a solution.
CamHiggins
Member Has Posted > 10 Times

Re: Low Cost Address Maintenance Software

Postby lancemarie » Sun May 16, 2010 6:50 am

What's wrong with using Microsoft's Excel program? It's the basis of the database program and is fairly simple to understand. If help is needed, I'm in the Resource Center on Thursdays from 1:00 to 4:00 pm.
lancemarie
Member Has Posted > 50 Times

Postby Jolyn » Sun May 16, 2010 11:56 am

have you tried a search on a site like "downloads.com" from cnet or a general google search for "free address book software" or something similar. i'm sure there are some out there that would suit your needs. but Lance is right too. You could use a spreadsheet software instead. . . ;-} jolyn
Jolyn
Board Member - Product Review

Postby CamHiggins » Thu May 20, 2010 9:07 am

I really appreciate your prompt responses. While I am sure that given a little time and patience Excel would ber a satisfactory solution. I had much bedtter success with Jolyn's Google search than I did with my own, and came up with www.customaddress.com that has the features that seem useful and customizable. It is shareware so affordable.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Thanks for you help.
Cam
CamHiggins

Postby CamHiggins » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:33 pm

This is to report that I found an excellent software package that solved all my problems, and more. It is very professionally done and handles simple and complex problems with ease. If anyone is looking for personal or commercial address database handling it will pay you to investigate HANDY ADDRESS BOOK, at http://www.beiley.com. The full system is available on a one month free trial, with the only thing limited is on the size of the database built during the trail period.
CamHiggins

Postby Jolyn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:06 pm

Thanks Cam for the heads up.oo I'll take a look at both of them
Jolyn
Board Member - Product Review

Postby jackw » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:56 pm

And the cost is?

MS Access is sometimes but not always part of the Microsoft Office Suite. There is a little bit of a learning curve, but for what it sounds like you want to do, it is well worth learning.

Best regards,

Jack Wilfore
jackw
Board Member - Web Master

Postby CamHiggins » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:53 pm

The Cost of a one year subscription to Handy Address book about a year ago was $21. This included any updates made during the year, plus support for the year and includes the perpetual use of any of the versions of the software released during the year, without support or updates after the subscription period. The software supplier differenciates between maintenance upgrades and add ons which enhance the useability of the software. For instance during the first year there were several maintenance and bug fix releases that were issued and were available as free upgrades. There was also an ad on capability to interface the software with Google Sync. This ad on was available for $14.95. I believe this is also the cost of subsequent renewals which extends support and releases beyond the first year. In my judgement this is a suprisingly professional software product at a dirt cheap price. I did not purchase the Google Sync version, but am now reconsidering it to create a link to a ne iPad 2.
CamHiggins

Return to Member Questions