Best Wireless Router?

You can post your questions about the club here

Best Wireless Router?

Postby Surfscoter » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:14 pm

I have a 3 year old Linksys wi fi (h?) and have some dead spots in the house. I am thinking about getting the newest (n ?) generation wi fi router. I've done some reading on CNET (which likes Apple's pricey Airport among others) and Walt Mossberg's website (which doesn't have anything recent). Anybody have any recent experience, resources, or recommendations on getting a new wi fi router for home use? Footnote: Having just bought a new TV and DVR I know DIRECTV now has some internet capability to set the DVR for recording and, perhaps, transferring recorded programs to your computer. Can anybody comment on the feasibility of doing this?
Surfscoter
Member Has Posted > 10 Times

Re: Best Wireless Router?

Postby rrathke » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:20 pm

Stay away from Apple, they work fine with Apple's but are not a good router for the rest of the world especially if you are going to use divergent devices like you are talking about. This is the router I have personally and at the resource center. It covers both frequencies and is certified standards compliant.

LINKSYS WRT610N IEEE 802.3/3u/3ab, IEEE 802.11a/b/g, IEEE802.11n Simultaneous Dual-N Band Wireless Router has all the bases covered.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124296
rrathke
Board Member - Technical Director

Re: Best Wireless Router?

Postby Surfscoter » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:36 pm

Thanks for the info.
Surfscoter
Member Has Posted > 10 Times

Return to Member Questions