Availability of casette tape recorder

You can post your questions about the club here

Availability of casette tape recorder

Postby CamHiggins » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:30 pm

I have had a request to copy an audio CD onto a cassette tape. I find that my tape recorder has expired, and I am wondering whether the club has a tape recorder I might use.

Cam Higgins
CamHiggins
Member Has Posted > 10 Times

Re: Availability of casette tape recorder

Postby Jolyn » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:02 pm

Cam,

We have a cassette deck hooked up and available to use at the Computer Club's Resource Center. I have just finished updating the LP to CD Instructions and am working on updating the Cassette to CD instructions. There are a few differences since we've changed the systems at the Center.

Please call the Center to "reserve" your time on the Media Center workstation so that you won't meet someone else wanting to do the same thing at the same time. Please tell the volunteer on duty to sign you up in the green binder next to the cassette deck. I am there every Tuesday afternoon and would be happy to help you with the transfer then.

Just keep in mind it is "real time". In other words it takes the length of the cassette's playing time plus the processing, editing and CD recording time. There is not "shortcut" time wise. If you have a headset, please bring it with you. Although we have speakers installed in the towers under the tables, they aren't very loud and you might not want to "share" the contents of your cassette with the rest of the room.

If you have any questions before then . . . email me or call me . . . ;-} jolyn :ugeek:
Jolyn
Board Member - Product Review

Re: Availability of casette tape recorder

Postby CamHiggins » Tue May 11, 2010 4:14 pm

This problem actuially involved creating a tape from a cd for a friend who likes to listen to his music in his older car which only has a tape player. It took me a while but finally realized that I owned a portable cd player with an outrput jack for an external sound system, and z protable tape sysem with an azux jack. Problem solved. Thanks for your help - belatedly.
CamHiggins
Member Has Posted > 10 Times

Return to Member Questions