Google Calendar Issue

Google related discussions

Google Calendar Issue

Postby Jolyn » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:31 am

I use the great Google Calendar. I also use Google Chrome, the web browser from Google. I tried to access my calendar the other day and found a message saying that Google Calendar was not available and I should try back later. I tried for two weeks to access it through Chrome. I was able to access the calendar through Internet Explorer, but not through Chrome. How odd!

I finally did two things. I used the "Clear Browsing Data" under the Tools menu (look in the upper right hand corner of Chrome for the wrench icon). I then downloaded and installed Chrome again.

Now the calendar is easily accessed through Chrome once again.

I may not have had to do the download, but the Clear Browsing History is a good tool to use and should be used regularly. It is similar in function to Deleting Browsing History under Internet Options in Internet Explorer or through the Control Panel in Windows.

Hope this helps anyone else who has Chrome issues. Let me know if you have any questions . . . ;-} jolyn :ugeek:
Jolyn
Board Member - Product Review

Re: Google Calendar Issue

Postby rrathke » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:10 pm

Google Chrome has several "Bugs" and is unreliable at this point. I therefore do not use the product until a more reliable versiion is released.
rrathke
Board Member - Technical Director

Postby jackw » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:23 pm

I have been using Google & Chrome for the past several months, because 1) the Calendar syncs with my Outlook which is very nice, 2) the browser is very fast and 3) the tabbing is quite easy.

I have found that I can't print from Chrome to my Epson 1280, I end up crashing Chrome. I read that they have other printer problems as well, probably because they don't have the drivers that Windows has.

Bob, Chrome also has a problem with the BB. I can't copy and paste the links into Expression Web, and you could not view web site source today.

So the product certainly has it's limitations, but I still like it.

Jack
jackw
Board Member - Web Master

Postby rrathke » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:24 pm

I liked Chrome, it's just still to BUGGY for my tastes. I believe it's still "Beta" this far along...:-(
rrathke
Board Member - Technical Director

Return to Google